-We celebrated both Uncle Matt and Aunt Megan's graduations. You went to lots of parties and got to visit with lots of friends and families.
-We went to the beach a few times.
-You experienced your first earth quake AND hurricane in the same week. The earth quake happened when you were taking a nap in your crib (and of course it woke you up). For the hurricane, we evacuated to GiGi and Pops house and had a hurricane party with Aunt Megan, Uncle Brian, and Ciri. Luckily we didn't have any major damage from either event.
- You had your first overnight home alone with Daddy. Mommy went to visit Amanda and Bennett in MD.
You are a very active boy and love to move and play. Here are some of the thing that were significant about this past month.
* You are a very big boy! You weigh in at 18 lbs and 11 oz (75th percentile) and are 27 inches long (also 75th percentile). That makes you the same height as Eloise but 2 pounds heavier... and she is 3 months older than you! But I love my Bubba boy and your chubby thighs.
* You love to roll all over the place. You can log way across the room. This is how you get where you want to go, just throw your legs in the air and roll in any direction.
* You love your bouncy chair and excersaucer. You also are starting to develop favorite toys (sophie, crinkle dog, play mat, and the thing at Gigi's house that you lay on your back and kick it to make noise).
*Your favorite game is peak-a-boo. You will bring the blanket over your face and leave it there until someone comes over and takes it away saying peak-a-boo.
*You laugh and smile and flirt much more.
*You like to be entertained, you do get bored and fussy if no one is paying attention to you.
*You sleep through the night most nights, but you do wake up very early (normally between 5:30-6)
*Napping is still a challenge and very irregular. Some days you nap great and some days we are back to 30 minutes at a time. But you definitely need your sleep to be a happy boy.
*Your hair is starting to grow back, its very light as of right now.
*Your eyes are still a beautiful blue!
*You like to experiment with making new noises. Today you started doing raspberries with your lips.
*You can sit unsupported, just not for very long.
*I know I say it every month, but I really think you are teething. You will wake up hysterically crying, you drool A LOT, and you are pretty cranky the last few days.
*You started solid foods. So far you have had peas, green beans, sweet potatoes, pears, peaches, bananas, oatmeal, and rice cereal.
* You still spit up all of the time. I am so over this and look forward to our spit up free days.
Since this is a special month marking your half birthday, here are lots of pictures of your transformation.
Comparison next to the bear at 3 days old and 6 months old:
Bath time at a few days old and 6 months:
Pictures by the month:
And just a few more recent cute ones... just because you are so darn cute:
|Labor Day BBQ 2011|
|Diaper change time Aug 2011|
|Ryan and Eloise July 2011|