The Taynors

The Taynors

Friday, February 21, 2014

Randomness

Every once in a while you just need to right about the random thoughts that pop into your head. Today is one of those days. I'm currently sitting in the car, waiting to pick Ryan up from preschool, and Patrick is currently sleeping in the back (woohoo).

* I don't think there is anything more comfortable than a big comfy bed to a mother with a newborn. Every time I get into bed its like being soaked up in a big fluffy cloud. Normally I'm someone who struggles to fall asleep, but since sleep is very limited and precious these days, I can literally fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow. I am in love with my bed, pillows, and sheets and I appreciate every minute I get to spend with them!

* I'm in vacation planning mode. It's kind of random since I have a baby and its not a good time to actually travel, but I'm kind of obsessed with planning and dreaming about future trips. So far Disney is booked for October and a girls trip is planned (will be booked soon) for August! Also on the list for things I want to do in the next couple of years: all inclusive with Mike, a group family trip with all of our friends and their kids, a ski trip (bringing grandparents for help with child care), and maybe a couples trip-we discussed maybe Nashville. That's a pretty long dream list, but I'm gonna make it happen :)

*Breastfeeding is a lot of work! I knew this already but I'm remembering how difficult it can be. It definitely doesn't come easy to me. There are a million reasons to quit: someone can help me in the middle of the night, babysitters would be easier, I wouldn't be worrying about getting enough calories, drinking enough water, and eating the right foods so that it affects my milk supply, and pumping wouldn't be a daily conversation. The days are 100% revolving around Patrick's eating schedule. I wish I just had big boobs filled with milk so that nursing and pumping was easier.

BUT I know it's all worth it! There are just as many reasons to keep it up, and keep nursing as long as possible.

* Mike is in full swing with his new job and trainings. I know he is super excited, but I'm also a bit nervous. He leaves by 7am and has not been home before 7pm yet, and he has many nights away overnight. It leaves a lot of time with me home alone with the kids. Maybe when he gets into a better routine, he will find a way to be home a little more often. Fingers crossed... I'm hoping this is a positive new opportunity for him!

* Valentines Day just passed and it got me thinking. After you have kids it's expected that things change... Like celebrating little holidays and anniversaries are suppose to become a thing from "before kids". But I don't want to fall into that trap. I want to keep the romance alive (lol I am actually laughing at myself as I type that). Anyway I have heard it all, Valentines Day is a forced holiday and New Year's Eve is amateur night for single people. But I have decided to think about it differently. Valentine's Day is a great opportunity to show your hubby that even with young kids, you still love them and want to spend some adult time together. For New Year's Eve, lets celebrate all the great things that happened that year and look forward to all the new adventures of the upcoming year. You get my point. I think celebrating the little things is even more important now that we have a family. We need it to help maintain our marriage and our adult friendships. It might take a little more work and planning, and we might be tired the next day from staying up too late, but hey it's worth the effort!













- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment