The Taynors

The Taynors

Saturday, February 8, 2014

1 month update

February 3rd has come and gone, and it was another snowy day in the hospital just like the day he was born. So I'm behind on 1 month pictures and an update because I'm just trying to get back to life.

Some of this update will be very similar to the 3 week post, but when I look back on Ryan's monthly updates I kind if wish I was more specific with what he was like and what our days were like.

- weight10 lb 2 oz (at 6 weeks)
- we are just transitioning into size 1 diapers and 0-3 month clothes.
- some moments Patrick is very happy and content, and other days he is super cranky. I haven't figured out his personality or demeanor yet.
- I'm trying to work on a little routine. He was eating on demand but just this week I started to push him up to more of a 2-3 hour feeding schedule during the day.
- He still cluster feeds from 5-8
- Bedtime is normally between 8-9 pm. I change him, swaddle him tight, and nurse one more time. Once he is sleeping, we get one good stretch... Til anytime between 12-3. After that he is up every 2-3 hours. Luckily, normally he is only awake about 20-30 minutes. Quick diaper change and eat and then he is back to sleep.
- He is still on the fence about a pacifier. He doesn't really like it, but I think he really wants one. I know sucking soothes him, which is why he wants to nurse so much, but I need to find something else that will work.
- My kids don't like the swing haha! Patrick, just like Ryan, isn't digging it. He likes to be held all the time. If he falls asleep in our arms, he wakes up as soon as we lay him down. Unfortunately we haven't found anything that soothes him to sleep (the swing or car or rocking chair thing). So we spend a lot of time walking around the house, bouncing him in my arms.
- Sometimes he likes my sling baby carrier. But again only if I'm moving. But I'm gonna try to keep doing the sling or moby wrap because I need my arms to function and to work with/play with Ryan.
- The car is not currently his favorite. Actually right now Patrick hates the car. Most car rides he screams, normally because he is tired and just won't fall asleep. I'm hoping and praying this changes. The car was my chance at a good long nap when Ryan was this age.
-He started really smiling at us, his eyes follow us as we move around the room, and he is cooing.  He is already very vocal and "talks" to us when we are talking to him.  Its very cute.
-He is very strong and can lift his head and look all around the room during tummy time.


Some mommy updates-
I'm doing pretty good. The last 2 weeks were hard, very hard... And I had my times where my emotions got the best of me. But today is a good day.
-my stitches area is better but still sore. I went for an early check up because I can tell it's still swollen and healing slowly.
- next week is my 6 week postpartum visit and I have a feeling I won't be cleared just yet
- nursing is going really well! And pumping is better. Today I skipped a feeding (yay for going out to brunch with my girls) and I left a 4 oz bottle of BM and when I got home I pumped exactly 4 oz. so I was pretty much right on target.
- I'm trying really hard to be more relaxed, go with the flow, and know that this stage goes super fast. I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
- wish me luck the next two weeks when mike is away training for his new job!





















- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Location:1 month update

No comments:

Post a Comment