The Taynors

The Taynors

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Moving into a big boy bed!

Ahh I'm nervous. Tonight will be Ryan's first night trying a big boy bed (well to clarify, we are just taking the front off of his crib to make it a toddler bed). I'm a bit worried because he is not climbing out of his crib or showing any need to move into a bed, but for logistic reasons its time to make the change.

This is why we decided its time...

- he is almost 2 1/2 years old.

- We are going to obx for a week in August and currently he is not sleeping well in a pack n play. I think we need to get him comfortable on mattress before the trip.

- There will be many transitions happening in Ryan's life (well all of our lives) in the next 6 months. Hopefully moving into a temporary house, then moving into our new home, starting preschool, potty training, and of course a new baby... I need to make the crib switch at some point during all of this chaos. I really feel like making that change now while we are still in our home and a room he is comfortable in, is the smartest decision. That way he is comfortable in a big boy bed before we move and set up his new big boy bed.

- I picked tonight for 1 reason only. I need it to be at a time when we have a couple of nights/days in a row that we are home for nap and bedtime. With our crazy schedule he is with my in-laws on Mondays and Thursdays and my aunt on Wednesdays, and sometimes a babysitter on Tuesdays... So Thursday night-Sunday is our only good stretch. If I want to make this happen before vacation I need to suck it up and make the move.

So even though I'm nervous that it will change everything and we won't be getting much sleep at first... Tonight we give it a try!!

A few pictures of what I hope was his last night in the crib!







- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment