The Taynors

The Taynors

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Great Weekend

Recently my posts have been about the difficult times, so today I'm going to change that up and post about the great weekend I had.  Today is my 2nd anniversary with my husband.  It's amazing how much life has changed in the past two years! 

On Saturday morning, my mom and I took Ryan to walk in the Save the Barnegat Bay 5K.  This race donates a portion of its proceeds to Mitochondrial Disease.  Since my 2 youngest cousins both suffer from Mitochondrial Disease, I try to do whatever I can to support their cause.  It was a beautiful morning to walk around the bay for this  great cause.  Then Mike took Ryan for part of the afternoon so I could go and get a facial!  It was so wonderful to get pampered and relax for an hour or so.

On Saturday night Ryan had his first sleep over with Gigi and Pops.  My parents volunteered to take him overnight so that Mike and I could celebrate our anniversary and get a good nights sleep.  We really did have a great time.  We went to dinner at Atlantic Bar and Grill, which is a great place right on the beach in Seaside Park.  It was soooo nice to split a bottle of wine and enjoy each others company.  Since this was my big night out, I didn't want to go home right after dinner, so we went to a bar for a drink.  And after all of this, we did go home and get a good nights sleep!  We even slept until 8am!

Then today, Mike did some projects around the house so I took Ryan to the beach for the first time.  It was a BEAUTIFUL day.  We didn't go for long, but Ryan napped peacefully in his stroller the whole time we were there!

We ended the nice weekend with some Mrs. Walkers Ice Cream in front of the TV.  I feel refreshed and ready to take on the upcoming week!

To top it all off, one of my best friends had her baby yesterday.  Brooklynn was born around noon and everyone is doing great.  I can't wait to go meet her this week!  Welcome to the world Brooklynn and congrats to Kelly and Jeff.

No comments:

Post a Comment