The Taynors

The Taynors

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

FUSSY BABY!!

This is a little bit of a rant but I am sleep deprived and worried so I need to vent.  Ryan hit 3 weeks old and turned into one very fussy baby!!  I feel so bad because I feel like he is so uncomfortable and I can't figure out what to do to make him feel better.  He has been spending most of his awake time screaming and crying and he is only sleeping for short increments at a time.  At first I thought he might be extra hungry, maybe going through a growth spurt.  Then I thought he seemed extra gassy.  Now I am starting to think that he might have baby reflux.  His symptoms seem to be matching those of a baby with reflux. 

Ryan is very calm and relaxed when he eats, but the hour after he stops eating is really bad.  That is when he is at his worst.  He has a very hard time relaxing back into sleep and when he does dose off, its only about 10-15 minutes before he is up screaming again.  He throws his head back, spits up frequently, gets the hiccups, coughs a lot, and can not be soothed.  When I attempt to put him on his back to sleep in his bassinet or change his diaper, the screaming is even worse.  All of these things point to reflux.  For a while Ryan was sleeping for 3-4 hours at a time over night, but not we are back to him only going about 2 hours between feedings, which means only about an hour or so of actually sleeping. 

We have a doctors appointment on Monday for his 1 month check up, but if this continues we will have to go sooner.  I feel soooo bad for him.  At this point I would do anything to make him feel better and to get my happy baby back.  There are many afternoons that I cry right along with him because I don't know what else to do.  Its extra hard being home by myself when he is this fussy.  It would be great to just have another set of hands or someone else to help soothe him.  I love him very much and it breaks my heart to see him like this. 

Keep your fingers crossed that we get this figured out soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment