The Taynors

The Taynors

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

38 Weeks

I'm officially 38 weeks pregnant and soooo ready for this baby to come.  Since December, I have had people (including my Doctor) tell me that this baby was going to come early.  Well I am ready! I have been secretly hoping for a February baby, but today is March 1 so I guess God has plans of his own.  I have been having pre-labor symptoms consistently for the past 2 weeks.  Lots of cramping, irritable bowels, contractions, nesting, leaking boobs, etc.  Between the strange symptoms and all of the talk about baby coming early, it has made me very anxious.  I spend most days thinking "I hope today is the day".  I know its strange but I really hope my water breaks.  I understand that this doesn't happen to everyone, but if my water breaks it will take out the whole guessing game.  I would know for sure that I was in labor.  I really don't want to be that person who shows up at the hospital thinking I am in labor, just for them to send me home because it is not time yet. 

I have been keeping pretty busy during my month home from work.  My first job was to finish the nursery.  I am really happy with how it turned out.  It is not 100% finished yet because I want to add some decorative touches after we know if the baby is a girl or a boy.




I have also spent time packing my hospital bag, starting a baby book, cleaning every room and surface of the house, shopping, doing baby laundry, and relaxing with Sam and Andi.  Its nice that Jackie is also home on maternity leave with Ellie because she is always available for my goofy text messages or to visit for lunch.  On nice days we go for a walk around the park, but  the weather is too cold for that to be a regular thing.  Since it has been so cold, I have spent a lot of time walking the mall.  I figure its a good way to get out of the house and get some exercise.  It would be a bonus if it helps with an earlier, faster labor. 

I'll admit I have been trying all of the old-wives tales to bring on labor.  I eat pineapple and spicy foods, drink red rasberry leaf tea, do lots of squats and lunges, got a pedicure, and plenty of walking.  So far nothing has worked, but its fun to try.  So from here on out I am going to just do whatever I want and eat whatever I want, because we all know... babies come when the are ready!

Here are some other random things about this pregnancy:

Weight- I gained about 27 pounds as of today.  Not so bad, my goal was to stay under 30.  I plan to be working out again by May.

Nerves- I am nervous about the actual labor process and the first week or so home.  I have NO IDEA what to expect.  I am also nervous about how its going to change my relationship with Mike.  I am so use to it being all about just the two of us, that sometimes I worry our relationship is going to change.  I am sure I will love him even more than before... I hope he feels the same way.

Looking forward to- Here are some of the things I am looking forward to post pregnancy.
*Wine
*Coffee
*Sushi
*Turkey sub
*Fried, runny eggs
*Sleeping on my stomach and back
*Getting my body back

1 comment:

  1. i have already requested a wawa turkey sub in the hospital room sometime after the delivery :-)

    ReplyDelete