The Taynors

The Taynors

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Years Resolution

I hate the idea of resolutions because that goes along with the idea that it will never actually happen.  So here are some of my GOALS for 2012.

*Drink more water!!!  This is seriously #1.
*Eat better... not diet.  I really want to eat more fresh and natural foods.  I will  never be able to give up things like french fries, cookies, ice cream, beer, wine, etc.  so instead I want to load my diet up with good, fresh, natural foods to help balance when I eat the crap.
* Continue to work out at least 3 times a week
* Make a good home cooked dinner at least 3 times a week (which means left overs for at least 2 nights)
* As of March 1, 2012 I want to start running.  I want to be doing 5k's regularly by May/June and then slowly increase the distance.  The Disney half marathon is less then 14 months away!

And my motto for the year is :
"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; but remember that what you now have was once among the things only hoped for."

Thanks Meghan, I stole this from your Facebook.  But this quote is soooo true.  The things I have in my life right now are the things I was always dreaming and hoping for.  I so badly wanted to get engaged, then I dreamed about my wedding, I couldn't wait to buy our first home, and of course I had a major itch to have my own baby and become a mommy.  Well look, I have all of that!  How lucky am I!  So instead of planning the future and thinking about what I want next, I am going to spend 2012 enjoying all of the things I desired for in the past.  Its the last year of my twenties and I want the entire year to be a celebration!

No comments:

Post a Comment