The Taynors

The Taynors

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

4 month Milestones- For mommy

At 4 months, Ryan is learning new things every day.  But I feel like I have reached several milestones myself.  Before RJ was born, I heard many times "The first 6 weeks is the hardest."  Well I am going to say for me, the first 4 months was the hardest!  Finally, I am starting to feel like myself again (most days).  Here are some things that I have finally accomplished this month.

1.  I make dinner occasionally!  Normally it is not until after Ryan is in bed, but still I have put dinner on the table a few times recently.

2.  Since Ryan actually goes to bed by about 7:30 every night (Thank God!!!), I am able to get a few things done at night.  Some nights I do laundry and some nights I relax with a glass of wine... but the point is, I am no longer rushing to bed the second Ryan falls asleep.

3.  I had sex!  Sorry if this is TMI for any family members that may be reading, but after a very long healing process with many complications we were finally able to have sex at 20 weeks PP.

4.  Most days I take a shower.  It varies from day to day, but I consider it a huge accomplishment that I am able to take a shower everyday.  Don't judge me, other new moms will understand :)

Hopefully the list of things returning to "normal" continues over the next few months.  My biggest goal is to find time to work out.  Breastfeeding has helped me loose the weight, so now I need to get my ass back in shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment