The Taynors

The Taynors

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Eczema

Ryan's most recent health battle is with eczema. He always had very dry, rough skin but at 3 months it appeared to be eczema. He gets red irritated areas that ooze and get crusty (I know, gross!). The pediatrician and dermatologist both suggest a steroid cream for the hot spots and using Aveeno Eczema lotion all over his body. We also use a humidifier to try to keep his skin moist.

As a mom, I just wish I could figure out what is causing the rash instead of just treating it. I have attempted changing my diet and cutting out foods that might cause an allergy. I make sure that he only wears 100% cotton clothes. I am also re-washing all of his clothes, sheets, blankets, etc in a new detergent ( All free and clear) to see if it helps. I feel like it gets worse when he sweats and at night.

Anyway I am working on it... Ryan likes to make me work!










No comments:

Post a Comment