The Taynors

The Taynors

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Chiropractor

One night, I was up feeding/rocking Ryan for the 3rd time and I was reading the March Mommies forums on my phone.  This was one of those nights where Ryan woke up about every 2 hours to eat or fuss, just to go back to sleep for about an hour before waking up again.  I was exhausted and frustrated.  His colic behaviors were continuing, he still was not sleeping well for naps or overnight, and he just seemed so restless and uncomfortable all the time.  As I was reading the forums I came across a few posts about Chiropractors.  These moms had posted that they took their newborns to the chiropractor for various reasons and they were having great success.  In response to these posts were other mothers commenting on their success stories due to the chiropractor.  So at about 4am I decided that the next day I was going to do some research and see if this is something that would help Ryan.

I e-mailed a friend from high school for more information about chiropractic care for infants (she is currently is school to be a chiropractor).  She wrote back with information about how it can bennefit a baby and how it can work wonders for babies with colic.  She also included some local chiropractors that really specialized in infants and children.  After that we had a few more sleepless nights and Crying Ryan all day, and I decided it was worth giving it a shot.

Ryan has now been to the chiropractor about 5 times and I am really happy.  I was immediately impressed by the Doctor and felt very comfortable with his care.  The very first visit, Ryan cryed hysterically the entire time.  But that was the first night that he slept for 7 hours straight!  The next day we returned and Ryan was a very happy little boy the entire visit.  He smiled and cooed at the doctor while he was being worked on.  Each visit since than, Ryan has continued to enjoy the experience.  I have absolutely noticed changes at home.  He is now consistently sleeping better.  Most nights he goes to sleep between 7:30 and 8, wakes up once between 2 and 3, and then wakes up for the day anywhere between 6-7:30am.  This is a huge improvement!  He also is starting to have more and more happy time during the day.  He is more content to just lay on his play mat and look around then he ever was before.  Don't get me wrong, things aren't perfect... crazy man still comes out to play once or twice a day; but his overall temperment has improved.

We are going to continue to go to the chiropractor, because I do feel it is helping Ryan to become a healthier and happier baby.  Thank goodness for insurance!

No comments:

Post a Comment