The Taynors

The Taynors

Thursday, May 5, 2016

Whats going on these days?

Its been a wild few months.  Lots going on.  Good things, bad things, stressful thing, exciting things.  I am not going to get into all of it right now, but here are a few notes on the Taynor family happenings.

-  We are trying to sell our Coolidge house.  The renters are ready to move out, and keeping it is not a great long term investment, so we hope to sell it soon.  It has been on the market for 2 weeks and had lots of showings and one offer we are currently negotiating with.  I am hopeful we can get it sold quickly and move on.  The goal is to use the money from that house to buy another home in North  Carolina.  The NC can be an investment home or a home for us to live in if we decide we are heading South.  That is a conversation for another day.  Owning three homes and being landlords has been a fun yet challenging new business venture we have started the past couple years.

-We are actively debating whether we should settle in here in NJ or make the move to NC like so many others have.  Lots of pros in both directions.  I have kind of thrown my hand up in the air, I pray every night, and I am asking God to take the wheel on this whole process.

-As usual I am debating my job situation.  My bridal hair business is growing and I am happy with the progress I have made.  I do hope it continues to grow and allows me the ability to leave the office job.  I am also looking into other options of what I can do from home to supplement my income if I decide to the leave the office.  The balance of babysitters and office hours has become very difficult, especially for how little I make and if we plan to have another child (lots of prayers for this too)  then this problem will not go away anytime soon.  So its the constant battle of being home a lot, taking care of my family, and still making enough money to contribute to our monthly finances.  One option I am considering and in the process of working on is a travel agent.  I figure I love planning, I am very organized, and like my previous post states I am travel obsessed these days, so it might be a good fit along with the bridal business.

-Mike and I were training for a half marathon.  Unfortunately I was sidelined at the last minute (tough look after training for 3 months, I didn't even get to run the race), but Mike ran with my sister and they did awesome.  We are hoping to keep it up because we do enjoy running together.

-We have been doing lots of work on our house.  Some little projects, some big projects, but slowly but surely we are making changes.  I'll do a post with pictures soon, but its nice to see some progress.  But I will admit, when I look around this house I still just see work.  A big property that needs lots of love, a basement I would love to finish,  these ugly counter tops that I dream about changing... so while we wait and save to do it, I just watch a whole lot of HGTV and dream.

-Ryan is officially registered for kindergarten.  It makes me so sad and proud at the same time.  I can't imagine him leaving at 9am and not coming home til 4pm every single day!  I am going to miss him like crazy and am getting ready to buckle in for a rocky year.

-We are getting ready for wedding season.  We have another 5 weddings this year!  I thought I was too old for his!

I think those are the hot topics as of right now!  Look at me catching up on lots of blog posts.  Still to come- Disney re-cap, birthday party details, ADHD discussion,  and home improvements update.


No comments:

Post a Comment