The Taynors

The Taynors

Thursday, May 5, 2016

The Taynor Brothers

As usual, I haven't blogged in forever.  I missed Patrick's 2 year old birthday update and party details, and I missed Ryan's 5th birthday update and party details.  Life is busy, blogging slips down on the priority list.  So instead of trying to back track, here is my post about my precious boys.  Hopefully I will still get to posting about their parties.  I had a lot of fun planning all the details and would love to share.

So as of today- Ryan is 5 years 3 months old and Patrick is 2 years 4 months old.

Patrick-

-His personality makes us laugh and shakes our heads all day.  He is funny, charming, moody, a trouble maker, and super cuddly.
-Patrick is the type that will do something wrong, know he is about do get in trouble, so he will do something really super cute immediately after so that everyone laughs and smiles and suddenly he is no longer in trouble (my brother was very good at this trick too, I know it well).
-He is still sleeping in his crib and in diapers, but we plan to start transitioning both things this summer.
-He occasionally goes on the potty, and when he does we have to have a big celebration
- Patrick can be a bit of a couch potato (he gets it from his Daddy).  Umizomi, Little Einsteins, and Paw Patrol are current favorites.
-Talking is coming slow for him, just like his brother.  But he is a very good communicator and the words are slowly catching up.
-He calls his brother Yaya and he is in love with him!
-Sleep habits are pretty routine- in bed around 7-7:30, sleeps til anytime between 6-7am and takes a 48 minute nap (I'm serious, all  naps are exactly the same length, we have still never gotten a nap over 1 hour).
-He is in the "I do" stage which I kind of love.  He wants to try to do everything himself and he is determined to keep up with his big brother.
-We registered Patrick for school, so he will be starting preschool 3 mornings a week in the fall (ahhhh!)
-Patrick can be stubborn.  He know what he wants and that's it.  If he doesn't get it, tempers flare.  But luckily the tantrums never last long.
-  He is a picky eater.  By time we get to dinner he pretty much eats nothing.  I am a mean mom.  I make one dinner for the family, he eats it if he wants, or he eats nothing for dinner.  I am not starting the bad habit of multiple meals or eating junk for dinner.  I am not overly concerned because he eats a great breakfast, a decent lunch, and has lots of healthy snacks all day... so I know the kid won't starve.  He will start eating dinner again when he is ready.
-On the food topics- his favorite foods are pouches, bananas, avocado, yogurt, veggie straws, waffles with sun butter, and pasta.
-He finally has his own friend.  Up to this point its been all Ryan's friends or his cousins.  But now he has play dates with his little buddy Rex and they have a lot of fun together.  Its very cute.
-My favorite part of the day is Partick cuddles.  He loves to hug and kiss and cuddle up in my lap.  I think he would curl back inside the womb if it was possible.
-Patrick's the kind of kid that everyone loves.  He is cute, he puts on a show for everyone, he is a social butterfly, people just  love him.

Ryan-

-Ryan brings me all the greatest parts of my day and all the hardest parts of my day!  He is a lot of love, personality, emotions, and energy every single day.
-Recently Ryan has been blowing us away with his knowledge and questions and quests to learn about all these fascinating topics.  He is obsessed with whales, sharks, underwater life, scuba diving, dinosaurs, and traveling around the world.  And the obsession is not just about playing with these kind of toys.  He wants to read books (like real encyclopedia style books), watch documentaries, and tell everyone about what he is learning.
-When you ask Ryan what he wants to be when he grows up he says "a scuba diver that can take pictures and videos of whales and sharks and use to it do research to learn more about them and teach kids" or to work at a rescue center for sea animals that have been injured.
-He also has become very artistic.  His teachers always pull me aside to tell me how great his imagination and art skills are.  We are looking into an art summer camp for him.
-He loves people, all people, all the time.  Everyone he meets he wants to become friends with.  He has invited many grocery store clerks or target employees to our house for dinner.
-Ryan is currently enjoying playing soccer on Saturday mornings and going to his gymnastics class.  He is doing much better with following the structure and improving his skills.
- We are working everyday with his ADHD behavior needs and his sensory issues.  Its been a tough few months.  He goes to OT once a week and I am constantly doing research, going to seminars, watching webinars, to find out more about what I can do about helping him.  As he gets older, we are encountering new more challenging issues with his ADHD and compulsive behavior.  Its a lot of work to keep up with but we are trucking along.  I hope to do a separate post about this soon, I don't want my Ryan update to be all about his disability.
-Ryan is very very emotional- from the highest highs to the lowest lows.  When he is excited he is barely able to contain his joy, and when he is upset he cries to the point of throwing up and not breathing.  The pendulum can swing from one emotion to the next in just seconds.  He keeps me on my toes.
-This kid is LOUD, like really loud all the time.  I didn't realize how loud he was until he wasn't around for a few days and the house was eerily quiet.  He talks loud, laughs loud, cries loud, plays loud.
-Just like I was saying about Patrick, Ryan is full of love.  Lots of cuddling, hugs, kisses all the time.  Many days the boys fight over who gets to cuddle with mom- I don't mind this at all!
-Ryan loves to be outside, exploring in the woods, doing yard work with Daddy, swinging on the swings.  He is very excited for summer to be outside all the time.


Now lets take a quick peak at their relationship as brothers.

-They love each other so much, its very sweet.
-Ryan loves to protect Patrick, he gets very worried about him and making sure he is safe all the time.  But at the same time he can totally body slam him in a wrestling match and not thing twice about it.
-Ryan wants to be just like Mike, and Patrick wants to be just like Ryan, so this leads to a lot of following each other around and fighting over toys.  When they all play together, Ryan wants to do whatever Mike is doing, and Patrick then wants what Ryan wants, so even though we have a room full of toys, all three boys are fighting over the same sword (or dinosaur, or truck, or lego piece).  It is an odd dynamic because their love for each other and want to play together leads to lots of fighting and tears on a daily basis.
-Both boys are very boyish boys.  They are loud, like to get dirty, wrestle a lot, play with bugs, constantly on the move.  The activity level in our house is always very high from the minute their eyes open until they fall asleep at night.
-We have reached the fighting and tattling stage.  Its tough and I don't think its going away anytime soon.  Like I said they fight over toys  ALL OF THE TIME, and we get a lot of "Patrick hit me" or "Yaya gave me boo boo".  We have a lot of lessons in sharing and keeping your hands to yourself in our future.
-But they can't leave the room without giving each other hugs and kisses and saying I love you, 100 times a day.


I am sure I could go on and on about the little things that make me smile every day, or the little things that make me want to pull my hair out (like Patrick's habit to poop in the bath tub or Ryan's ability to leave a mess wherever he goes) but at least I got some of their little personality traits down on paper!

Seriously I need to get better at posting more often, then I don't want to worry about getting it all down at one time.









No comments:

Post a Comment