The Taynors

The Taynors

Monday, October 21, 2013

Third Trimester... here we go!

When people ask how far along I am, I seem to always say "I"m still pretty early, newly pregnant".  I don't know why, but I feel like I just got pregnant.  Well I guess its time to stop saying that, because I am officially in my 3rd trimester.

Here are the updates and happenings of my pregnancy as of now...

- I have gained 16 pounds so far, not bad
- Heart burn has returned this week and its been ugly
-Generally I feel really good, pregnant, but good!
-The baby gets the hiccups every night around 8-10pm, just like Ryan did
-I have to pee every 5 minutes 24 hours a day
-No gagging when I brush my teeth :)
-I am starting hypnobirthing classes next week, more about that another day
-I am "nesting" already.  I just want to clean and organize!
-This baby is a mover... kicks, jabs, rolls, flutters... their is a lot going on in my belly


One new development is that I failed my 1 hour glucose test...booo!  I am scheduled to go for the 3 hour test on Thursday morning.  This whole process is a little bit frustrating to me, because I have had blood sugar issues my whole life.  I am aware of it, and I know how to change my diet to feel better and level out my "sugars".  So I am not surprised that my blood sugars are out of whack after they make me drink an awful sugary drink in 5 minutes and then test my blood and hour later.  I don't have high expectations for my 3 hour test either.  I have to fast from midnight the night before until the test is over.  Then they will make me drink that sugar crap again (on an empty stomach) and test my blood every hour for 3 hours.  I am sure I will have the shakes big time and its going to make me sick.  I don't really know the point.  What are they going to tell me...I have gestational diabetes and I have to watch what I eat... well duh, I do that all the time anyway.  I guess we will see what happens.

As I am getting further along, I am still changing my mind all of the time about what the sex of the baby is.  First I thought girl, then I was sure it was a boy, and now I"m back to undecided.  I feel like a lot of people are thinking girl these days.  I took a silly online quiz that predicted 80% girl and 20% boy.

Apparently the way I am carrying, my skin, and the lack of change in my face shape all point to it being a boy.  But my hot feet, small boobs, pee color, sweet cravings, and thicker hair are all reasons why its a girl.

Only a few more months and I guess we will know! 

28 weeks

 29 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment