The Taynors

The Taynors

Friday, January 18, 2013

I need a Ryan update!

I have about an hour before Ryan wakes up from his nap (fingers crossed) and I have a "To-Do" list that is a mile long... but all I want to do is blog.  I will start with the most important post.  I can't believe that for Ryan's first year I gave an update every month.... and now it has been several months without anything.  Here is an overview of Ryan as an ALMOST two-year old.

- So far, this is my favorite stage.  Every single day he does something new, irresistibly cute, and makes us laugh.  I love watching him figure out new things and trying to talk and I can totally see his personality coming through.

-If I were to make a prediction of this personality as an older child, it would be this.  He is going to be a huge personality.  He will talk a lot and be very social.  I think he will be smart and the type of person that wants to figure things out.  But I also think he is going to be the kid that has a hard time staying focused.  I already know he will push my buttoms every day, and challenge me on everything, but he will also make me laugh all of the time.  I think he will be curious, determined, always on the move, athletic, emotional, and stubborn!  I guess only time will tell if I am right or not.  We will see :)

- He is currently 22 and 1/2 months old.  I don't have an accurate weight or height on him because we have not gone since he was 18 months old but at the time he was in the 50 % across the board.  He wears 24 month old clothes and we are transitioning to size 5 diapers.  His show size is a 6.5 or 7 because he has fat feet.  He still has long, curly blond hair and blue-ish eyes. 

-He is still eating a non-allergy food diet... meaning he doesn't eat any gluten, egg, baked goods cooked with eggs, peanuts, or almonds.   Amazingly he has never had a cookie or cake or chocolate or any kind of candy.  He eats the healthiest diet of anyone I know.  A normal days food would be a Gluten Free pancakes or waffles with fruit and GF sausage for breakfast.  Lunch is Boars head turkey (one of the only brands he can have) and cheese roll ups, avocado, some kind of fruit and maybe carrots.  Dinner could be black beans or kidney beans, veggies like peas, broccoli, or green beans, sweet potatoes, or mashed potatoes, GF macaroni and cheese... things like that.  And we have found a good selection of snack foods that are healthy, allergy free, and pass as good kid friendly snacks.  Fruit pouches, GF cereal bars, chex cereal, sweet potato chips, veggie fries, rice cakes, fruit cups, and yogurt are some of his favorites.  So even though its a whole life style adjustment we have gotten pretty good at it!

-His favorite things to play with are- cooking, playing with his tool set, playing baseball (or football, golf, soccer, and basketball), puzzles, reading books, building blocks, cars, and coloring.

-More favorites: 
Animals- Giraffe and elephant 
Movies- Nemo, Cars, and Barney DVD's
TV shows- Mickey mouse clubhouse, Little Einsteins, Sprout channel, Elmo, anything episode animals (Diego's safari etc)
Books- Goodnight Moon, New York Yankees ABC, I know my Daddy Loves me, and Nighty-Night Elmo

-He is in an imitation stage which I love.  He is always copying what Mike and I do.
-He brings his toy giraffe and elephant where ever he goes (they come eat with him, in the bath with him, and on play dates)
-He loves drinking out of big boy cups
-He has figured out how to watch a DVD by himself... open the case, put it in the Xbox, press play, etc.
-He does a great touch down dance
-He just started "singing".  No official words yet, but a lot of "ooooohh ahhh ohhh"
- He loves to look for the moon at night.
- He hates the Dr. office (screams uncontrollably the second we walk in the door, and he hasn't even gotten a shot since his 1st birthday) but loves going to see Dr. Rob (his chiropractor)
-He has a very good memory.  Something only has to happen one time before he makes the connection and expects it to be.
-He sleeps with a crib full of "friends".  Every night he  cuddles with his Monkey Man, a lion blanket, Tiger, Winnie the Pooh, and a little duck.  Oh yea and his blanket and Binky (he still gets a binky for nap time and bed time, but never when he is awake).
-He is finally becoming my cuddley, mamma's boy.  He loves to give me hugs and kisses and sit on my lap to read books.  But what comes along with that is the fact that he just started to cry when I leave the room or get very upset when a babysitter comes into the house.  Normally he is fine after a few minutes so its not that bad, but now one likes to see their baby cry!

Couple more 22 month old things...

Ryan is on a very regular schedule. He wakes up at 7:30 am, takes a nap from 12:30-2:30, and goes to bed again at 7:30.  Its amazing that after 8 months of stress and no sleeping he has turned out to be a very good/regular sleeper.  I am grateful for this. 

His speech is still delayed.  He is absolutely improving recently, but compared to where he is suppose to be at this age he is behind.  He is finally putting two words together and just started saying "Hi Mommy" or "Bye Gi Gi".  Everyday he has new words and he likes practicing his words, but most of the time we still can not understand him.  At this point I am more concerned about his drooling than the actual speech.  I will probably call the early intervention people at his 2nd birthday if I don't see huge improvements.

I am sure I could go on forever with all his cute little things, but I'll stop there for now.  I"ll be back later to blog about my half marathon prep, a recap of our Christmas and holidays, and post picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment