The Taynors

The Taynors

Thursday, May 3, 2012

2nd Vacation- Palm Harbor, Florida

Last week we went on our family vacation to Palm Harbor, Florida (right outside of Tampa).  Mike and I took Ryan for 5 days to visit my in-laws.  They have a house there now so its a great excuse for a little family getaway.  Here are the trip highlights...

Tuesday- We took Ryan on the airplane for the first time, and it went better than expected!  I was really nervous because Ryan normally doesn't sit still EVER.  He is constantly on the move.  He doesn't like TV, he doesn't sleep in my arms, and he hates being restrained.  So I couldn't image what he would be like on the plane.  I took a chance and went with the "skip a nap and make him extra tired so that he can sleep on the plane attempt."  Luckily we were pretty successful.  I waited and gave him a bottle at take off, and then gave him his lovey and binky that he only gets at bedtime and nap time, and I help him tight in my arms, not letting him get down to move around.  On the flight home he fought me for a while, but eventually fell asleep for a little bit.  But on the flight home, it was close enough the bedtime that he fell asleep and stayed asleep the whole time.  All things considered, it was not a bad experience!

Wednesday- early in the a.m. Mike and I went for a run on the causeway.  It was nice to have a place to go on a running path right along the water.  Then we took Ryan to the beach for the first time and we met up with Mike's Aunt Barbara and Uncle Wayne.  I am happy to announce that Ryan loved the beach!  He seriously sat in the sand and played with some sand toys very happily for about 3 hours.  I was nervous because it was getting into nap time, but he was great the entire time!  It was a perfect beach day, 80 degrees and not a cloud in the sky.  After the beach we went out to lunch at Captain Jacks and then took a walk through town. Tarpon Springs has a street with tons of little shops, bakeries, and tourist attractions which was fun to see.   Ryan slept in his stroller most of the trip.  Later that evening, Matt arrived to visit us.  We all went out to dinner at this great outdoor restaurant with good food and a live band.  The best part was that it had a great view of the sunset over the Gulf.  Overall  a great day.

Thursday- Another run in the morning, and then beach day #2.  Ryan was just as happy at the beach as the day before.  Then in the afternoon we took a drive up to Aunt Barbara and Uncle Wayne's new house.  They have a great screened in pool area so everyone went swimming, played volleyball and had a great dinner.  I am glad we finally got a chance to see their house and I think they were really excited for us to come down for a visit.

Friday- We spent the entire day at the Lowry Park Zoo in Tampa.  What a cool zoo.  By time we got there, Ryan was ready for a nap... so he spent the first half of the zoo sound asleep in his stroller.  But when he finally woke up, he had an awesome time.  It was pretty cool because he really got what was going on.  He kept pointing to different animals and seemed to enjoy himself.  He got to feed a giraffe, go on a "safari" ride, and pet the horses.  Then we took him on some of the rides in the kids area.  I would 100% recommend this zoo for anyone that's in the area....its a great set up for kids of all ages.

Saturday- The vacation was just about over, but we squeezed in one more morning run and beach day.  One of the perks to going to the beach with a larger group is that everyone took turns playing with Ryan, and I had plenty of time to just lay in the sun!  It was a great end to a fun trip.

I will admit, a week with the in laws has its challenges, but I would say the trip was a success.  I was happy to be home on Saturday night and I think Ryan was too.  I spent most of Sunday getting back to reality, and Ryan spent most of the day sleeping (he was exhausted from a very busy week).  I am surprised how well he handled being so off schedule.  He still had 2 naps every day, but they were at random times and sometime in his stroller.   Then most nights he didn't go to bed til 8-8:30 which is way later than normal.  I guess because we were so busy and doing fun things, it didn't bother him to be off his normal routine.  And luckily, as soon as we got back to Jersey, he went right back onto schedule.  All is good in the Taynor home!

Here are some pics of the trip:

 Barbara and Wayne's house

 Sleeping at the Zoo

 Big boy walked around to see the animals

 Feeding the giraffe

 Honeymoon Island Beach

Family day at the beach

 Hanging in the Gulf

 Family picture while watching the Sunset

 Sunset on the Causeway

 Cutie

 Taynor Family

 Surfer Dude ready for the beach



No comments:

Post a Comment