The Taynors

The Taynors

Thursday, October 6, 2011

7 months!

Another great month!  Ryan is at such a great stage.  He is much happier (most days), he is silly and fun, and he is very expressive.  It is easy to tell what mood he is in.  Ryan is better and playing on his own and overall he is so much fun.

As always, here are some of the fun things we did from 6-7 months of age.  We had a labor day BBQ at the house,  we went to Monmouth racetrack, we went to the O'Brien Irish Angle golf outing, we watched football (the Giants are currently 3-1) and Yankees playoff baseball, we walked in a charity event for breast cancer, we went apple and pumpkin picking, we babysat for Jay, Emma, and Brooklynn, and we spent lots of time with both sets of grandparents.  Most importantly, I did not go back to work this month as planned so we got to spend lots of time together!

Here are the developmental events of the month:

-Ryan sits very well on his own.  He likes to sit with toys all around him and play.
-He is very close to crawling.  He can get on all fours and rock back and forth.  He wants to be on the move badly.
-He can get around by scooting, pushing backwards, and rolling all over the place.
-He is completely sleeping through the night.  We have reached the 7am-7pm sleep schedule!
-He is getting better at naps.  In the morning, I can just lay him down and leave the room and he will go to sleep on his own for about 1.5 hours.  The afternoon is a little bit harder, I still have to rock him to sleep.  Some days he takes a 3rd nap, but not always.
- He is STILL teething, but no teeth have come through. 
- He eats two meals a day- fruit for breakfast and veggies for dinner.  I am trying to wait til his teeth come in to get into a real solids schedule, but your a hungry boy!
- He still loves to be on the move.  He loves going on walks and he just watches and observes the world around him. 
- As a have said, diaper changes are a real wrestling match.
-Bath time is chaos. 
-He can take his pacifier in and out of his mouth on his own.
-He is becoming a thumb sucker.
-He loves being up on Daddy's shoulders
-I feel like his face is always changing.
-He is so sweet and smiley and cuddly and just plain love-able!






And because I love his little hands!



I know Ryan can give me a run for my money, but I wouldn't change one thing about him.  I am more in love than I ever imagined I could be!  He is perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment