The Taynors

The Taynors

Sunday, October 16, 2011

We have Teeth!

After "teething" since he was 2 months old, Ryan cut his first two teeth this morning.  We have been checking his gums every day for weeks since he has been drooling incessantly, fussy, and putting everything in his mouth.  This morning, I jokingly asked my mom to check Ryan for teeth assuming there wouldn't be anything there... and to our surprise she could actually feel the teeth.  My mom was so excited that she was the one to find them and promises she will follow the old tradition of buying him his first pair of shoes!  My dad even got a silver spoon and tapped it along RJ's gums to make sure he heard the official clink of the teeth.  I didn't know anything about these old traditions, but it was fun to see my parents get so excited and do the things they did with us when we were babies. 

So its official, Ryan's first tooth - 7 1/2 months old!

No comments:

Post a Comment