The Taynors

The Taynors

Wednesday, February 28, 2018

2018 Goals

There is an expression, "do something today that your future self will thank you for" or some kind of variation of that.  Well last January 2017 I had that exact thought and finally did something I had been thinking about and went to school to get my real estate license.  It wasn't a great time- I was still working at the chiropractor, Mike was starting a new job with super demanding hours and travel, I was pregnant and getting ready to be a mom of 3 boys- but I had been thinking about it for a few years and that quote kept coming back to me.  So I did it, I did something that was hard at the time, but the future me would be thankful for.  And the expression is freakin true!   A year later, I can reflect on the hard work and progress I have made and I am SUPER happy and Thankful I finally made the move.

Last year business was slow, a lot of work without a lot of reward.  But it was the building blocks in real estate.  I took the class, passed the test, joined my amazing team, started building leads, did a ton of training seminars and classes, asked a million questions.  I did have one closing and a couple of rentals in the first 6 months of working, but nothing more than that.  Then I took June-August off when Thomas was born (for the most part, I was actually negotiating a deal from the hospital room on the day he was born to try to save a deal from falling through). But I was able to step back and be primarily mom for a couple months.  Then in September I stepped up my game again.  I started putting dedicated hours into working and building new clients.

Well come January, it paid off.  In the first two weeks of the year I got 2 listings (one already sold), and 3 buyers that went under contract.  I now have active buyers, potential new listings, and closings on the calendar!  I am so excited to see the work coming together.  I have big goals for the year, sell 15 homes!  If I am able to accomplish this, or come even close, I will be able to help my family big time financially and take some of the pressure and stress off of us.

I am so happy I made the move a year ago, and I am proud of myself for making big strides in building my business.  But most of all, I love doing it.  I feel like for a long time I knew I needed to work to make money, but I wasn't finding much that motivated me to go out and kick butt.  But I found that in real estate.  I am motivated, I am excited, I am starting to feel confident in my ability, and I love having something of my own and contributing to the family.  Its hard work, I am stressed a LOT, juggling my schedule and the kids schedule is overwhelming... but I feel like its all for a good cause.

So its cheesy, but I am definitely proof behind those words of encouragement to make current changes that your future self with thank you for!

No comments:

Post a Comment