The Taynors

The Taynors

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

2014 Year in Review

2014 was a year of change. In under one year Mike got a new job, we had a new baby and became a family of 4, and we bought a new home. In the process, it became a year of planning and "figuring things out" and adjusting to all the change.

This year I want to focus on some more personal goals. I am currently reading "The Happiness Project" now and with each chapter I keep adding new things to my list of goals for the year. But for now this is my list (off the top of my head):

1. Go to bed earlier
2. Drink more water- like way more water
3. Run my second 1/2 marathon- I have officially registered for May and on a training schedule
4. Work out efficiently
5. Spend much less time on social media
6. Don't ever attempt to "keep up with the Jones"- stop comparing myself/our family to others
7. De-clutter my brain by tackling unfinished tasks and by not putting things off than can be completed immediately
8. Pray and/or meditate more
9. Be a better wife to my husband
10. Make sure the time I am spending with the boys is quality interactions. Get on the floor and play instead of trying to tackle the laundry and dishes and emails when I'm with them
11. More date nights
12. Work to keep friendships strong
13. Eat more plants/less sugar
14. Every night before bed, recognize something I am grateful for

That's a hefty list, but I am gonna make it a year of self growth and relationships to help recover from our year of change! Happy 2015!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment