The Taynors

The Taynors

Friday, September 20, 2013

Our Awesome Summer recap

This summer was awesome... one of my favorites in a while (which is crazy to say because I didn't get to enjoy a single cocktail).  I think Ryan was just at a great age to enjoy a lot of fun things, and I was working a decent amount but I made the most of the off time.  Whatever it was, we had a great summer.

The down side is it went WAY TO FAST.  At the beginning of the summer I made a list of things we wanted to do.  I am assuming next summer will be totally different since we will be adding another young baby to the mix, so I wanted to make the most of this time with Ryan.  Before I knew it, the summer was over and their was few things we just didn't get to.  I  know we can still squeeze these things in this fall, but realistically its not going to happen. This time of year our weekends really become Saturday only because Sunday is saved for football, and Saturdays are filling fast!

Anyway, here are the highlights of the summer-

- Lots of beach time!  We pretty much went at least once during the week and one day over the weekend.  We made the most of living by the beach!

-Boardwalk time.  We did several walks and dinner at the Seaside boardwalk, and then would go up to Pt. Pleasant boardwalk for the rides.  Ryan really liked the boardwalk this summer.

-Pool days... We got a lot of use out of our pool this summer.  I think I spent more time in the pool then I have any summer that we lived here.  It was great to go in for an hour or so in the morning if Ryan was getting bored, or for a quick swim before dinner, or spend some family time out back on the weekends.  I loved having a pool this summer.

- Blueberry picking.  We started the summer with a trip to a local blueberry farm and it was a huge hit.  He pretty much ate the blueberries faster than I could collect them, but he loved it.  Unfortunately we never made it back... next year!

-Monmouth Racetrack.  This year was also a fun age to bring Ryan.  We go every summer but he really understood it this summer.  We are lucky to go when we can join a group in a picnic area, which gives us a nice space that Ryan can run around and play and we can see the horses race up close.  We had a great day and Ryan was great a picking the winning horse.

-Lots of fun parties... Noah's birthday party, Michelle's Baby Shower, Laura's Bridal shower and bachelorette party, and Coombs Chiropractic kids day.

-Lots of weddings!  We have a total of 7 this year, 4 of them this summer.  Gave Mike and I a good reason for an adults night out.

-Family golf outing.  It was a 100 degree day, but I played awesome, was reminded that I really like playing golf, and we got to go to the after party without Ryan.  Nice to spend some time with my family without chasing around a toddler.

-Frankie's fight... he finally got a win!

-  Blueclaws Baseball game-  We only  got their twice this summer, but Ryan is really into baseball so having the stadium so close and so affordable is a added plus to our summer.

- 4th of July was my favorite in a while.  We normally travel around 4th of July so it was fun to be home, BBQ at the Hecht's, and take Ryan to see the fireworks.  It was a pretty picture perfect 4th of July.

- Our 2nd annual OBX vacation... and it was just as perfect as the first year.  Great weather, great friends, great beach.  The kids had a blast.

-Circus.  We went to the Coles circus that came locally.  It was pretty cheesy as far as quality goes, but Ryan loved the elephants and the motorcycles and the acrobats and we had fun hanging with Charlie and Noah. 

-Yankees Game.  We went with the Arzonico's up to Yankee stadium when they played the BlueJays one night.  I love when we are able to do things as adult couples, and it happened to be an awesome game.  Yankees won, the weather was beautiful, and we got to see Mo pitch one more time before he retires.

-Our last summer pool party at our house (hopefully we will be moved out by next summer).

I am sure there was more... but looking at this list I am not surprised that this was my fav summer. 

The few things we didn't get to...

-Seasame Place
-Cape May Zoo
-Water park or splash park
-Please Touch Museum
-Adventure Aquarium

Oh well, we will get there at some point.  For now, it is on to our Fun Fall Festivities!!

Pictures to be added soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment