The Taynors

The Taynors

Monday, June 11, 2012

What a Weekend

I was very much so looking forward to this weekend.  Months ago, I made plans with my college roommates (Amanda and Stephanie) to go to Atlantic City for a little get away.  We had a great time... shopped the outlets, drinks at the beach bar, dinner at Budakan, drinks at Caesars, and facials the next morning at Blue Mercury.  All in all it was a great girls day/night.  But of course the weekend couldn't go perfect...something had to make things more interesting.

First of all, while packing my bags for the overnight, my cat Same was playing with my clothes as I put them into the bag.  Finally he was getting on my nerves so I smacked him a bit to get him out of my way.  I guess he thought that I was now playing back, so he came back at me and  nipped my hand.  Unfortunately though, it was not just a nip and he really bit me thumb, going deep enough to really cut me and draw blood.  After smacking him with my shoe and yelling at him, I put a band aid on my finer and went about my business.  Within a few hours (while we were doing some serious outlet shopping) my thumb swelled up to twice its size.  The best way to describe it was that it looked like an over stuffed sausage.  It didn't hurt at this point, so I continued to ignore it.  By Saturday morning, I couldn't move it at all, and by the afternoon it REALLY hut.  So now its 3pm on Saturday and I obviously have a bad infection and need to see a Dr. ASAP....unfortunately there are no doctors open at that time, so it was off to the emergency room I went.  I felt so stupid going to the ER for a stupid cat bite.  But the swelling, redness, and pain was getting worse and traveling down my hand to my arm.  I knew I would end up really sick if I didn't get help soon.  So after soaking in antiseptic, an updated tetanus shot, and 2 prescriptions, I was free to go home.  The end result of that adventure is that the swelling has started to go down and it doesn't look to infected, but my thumb still hurts (and so does my stomach now because of taking antibiotics).

Of course my adventures don't end there.  On Sunday morning I was looking forward to finally spending some time with my family.  Mike and I have been working like crazy, so I was excited for us to be going with my parents to Monmouth Park Race Track.  As we are getting ready to go, Mike finds out that he has to go meet a guy for work, but only for like 45 minutes.  So the plan is for me to take Ryan to the track and have Mike meet us there after his Open House meeting.  About 5 minutes into my drive (with Ryan in the back seat) I get slammed in the back of my car by another SUV.  My body goes flying forward and Ryan is immediately hysterically crying.  Luckily I was okay and I jump out of the car to go make sure the Ryan is okay too (and thank God he was).  The girl that hit me, comes up to us hysterically crying saying that her flip flop got stuck under her gas pedal and she couldn't step on the gas.  So while I was stopped at the red light, she didn't slow down at all and hit me pretty hard.  My brand new 2012 Explorer didn't look so bad, but hear we are, 3 crying people on the side of Rt. 37.  The cops came and did an accident report and stated that my car was drive able and sent us on our way.  The end result of this accident is that my car will be in the shop for about a week, $3000 worth of damage, a scared baby boy, and a very sore momma.  Today, my neck and back are killing me.  Luckily I know a good chiropractor.

Lastly, I decided to go up to the racetrack with everyone anyway because the day couldn't get much worse.  By time we got there, it was super crowded and hot.  Ryan was cranky, and worst of all, Mike called to say he had to stay all day at the Open House and he wasn't coming to join us.  The relaxing day with my family was officially not going to happen.

This Monday morning, after what was suppose to be a nice fun relaxing weekend, I woke up with a hurt thumb, sore shoulder from the shot, upset stomach from the meds, and back and neck pain from the accident.  Lets hope for a better upcoming weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment