The Taynors

The Taynors

Tuesday, May 22, 2018

10 months of sweetness

I am only days away from his 11 month milestone so we can wrap two months into one again.  I can not believe I will only have a "baby for another 5 weeks"- let the tears begin.  It is soooo bitter sweet.

-Thomas is very independent, and I probably give  him much more freedom than I gave the others.  He crawls quickly, goes from room to room exploring, and loves the change of scenery.

- He is starting to pull himself up on his knees, but no interest in standing or walking as of right now.

-Big news is as of this week, we FINALLY put the rock n play away.  He started sleeping in his crib over night consistently at about the 9 month mark, and this week I finally got in him the crib for naps too!!  There are some tears at nap time as he tries to work it out and get settled, but its normally not bad and he settles to sleep.

-Overnight is still pretty rocky.  Last night he was up at 10:30 again at 2:30 and then up for the day by 5am.  But we have had a few positive nights with longer stretches and just 1 wake up.  I feel like we are very slowly making progress.

-In other big news, he did sleep through the night 1 night!  It finally happened!  After 10 months 5 days, we had our first full night of sleep.  It was our first in Disney World and he was super tired from traveling.  I was afraid it would have the opposite effect, but on this occasion it was great.  He went to be at about 8:30pm and stayed asleep til 6am!  Whoooo Hooooo!  So exciting.  It only happened that one night, it went back to normal the next night, but it was refreshing to know it can happen.

-Perfect time to talk about Thomas's first big vacation!  We went to Disney World this month, and it was pretty awesome! Thomas was a good sport.  He went along with all of our daily activities, napped in the stroller, nursed around the parks, and slept in the pack n play all just fine.  His big brothers had an amazing time!

-Thomas has become quite the momma's boy.  He wants me, and only me, all of the time.  If I walk in the room and don't pay him attention, he gets angry, really angry. He wants mommy to hold him, snuggle with him, play with him at all times.  Apparently when I am out of site, he is totally different, but when I walk in the door he needs to cling.  I will take it, because I know its not long before Dad's become the super cool center of attention for the boys as they get older.

-To my amazement, he is still nursing and very frequently.  I am finally going to reach my goal of nursing my baby on his 1st birthday!

-He has gotten much better with solid foods.  We are doing the Baby Led Weaning and give him mainly soft solids.  He prefers to feed himself and does not like to be fed by spoon, so we are going with his lead.  Sweet potato fries, avacados, broccoli, scrambled eggs, puffs, and yogurt are some favorites.  He also loves those baby food pouches that he can hold up and drink himself.  I am glad to see him eating more.

Some of his favorite things are - baths, dancing, clapping, anything with music, playing catch (aka rolling the ball back and forth).
Some dislikes- bumping his head on furniture as he crawls around, not being with mommy, and going to sleep on his own.

Thats about it for right now.  We all LOVE LOVE LOVE him so much.  He makes off of us smile and laugh all day every day!  I can't wait to celebrate his 1st birthday next month and I'll post all the details!

No comments:

Post a Comment